NAWLA reserves the right to change, amend, add or remove any of the Terms & Conditions at its sole discretion and without prior notice. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms & Conditions should become invalid, the remaining will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all event participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors).
The views expressed by any attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor are not necessarily those of NAWLA. All attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of all individual or corporate presentations, marketing collateral and/or advertising.
CODE OF CONDUCT
We are committed to creating a safe, productive and welcoming environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NAWLA staff members, service providers and all others must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate of those around you.
- Be respectful of others and their viewpoints, which may be different from your own.
- Be collaborative with others.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
Unacceptable behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language including, but not limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images OR sexual language at 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit, including in presentations and slide decks.
- Sexual harassment of any kind, such as unwelcome sexual advances or words/actions of a sexual nature.
- Wearing attire that includes harmful or offensive language or imagery that is not appropriate for a professional setting.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or at other events organized by NAWLA throughout 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit.
- Copying or taking screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- Abusive action directed at an individual, such as threats, intimidation, or bullying, both online and/or in-person.
- Sharing your 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit registration or making event content available to another person.
- Possession of a weapon or something that could be construed as a weapon both online and/or in-person.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances both online and/or in-person.
- Inappropriate comments or stalking of fellow attendees.
- Nudity is prohibited.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
NAWLA has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and could result in debarment from current, and/or any future NAWLA events. If a participant is found or reasonably believed to be engaging in unacceptable behavior, NAWLA may take any action it deems appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit without warning or refund. If appropriate, local law enforcement may get involved.
CANCELLATION BY NAWLA
If any circumstances or event beyond the control of NAWLA make it impracticable or impossible to hold 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit and cause the event to be cancelled, shortened, delayed, dates changed or otherwise altered, NAWLA agrees to refund any portion of the registration fee for which NAWLA is reimbursed by insurance or other third party and shall not be liable for any other refund or payment arising from the cancellation or for other liability or damages arising from the event.
If for any reason beyond NAWLA’s control NAWLA determines that 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit must be cancelled, shortened, delayed, dates changed, or otherwise altered or changed, Exhibitor understands and agrees that NAWLA shall not refund the rental fees paid to it by Exhibitor and that all losses and damages that it may suffer as a consequence thereof are its responsibility and not that of NAWLA or its directors, officers, employees, agents or subcontractors.
CANCELLATION BY INDIVIDUAL
A $150 cancellation fee will be will be charged for all NAWLA Leadership Summit registration cancellations and a $25 cancellation fee will be charged for each add-on cancellation received on or before Friday, January 28, 2023. Regrettably, no refunds will be given on cancellations received on or after Saturday, January 29, 2023. After Saturday, January 29, 2023, only name substitutions will be accepted. Phone cancellations will not be accepted. Written cancellations must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation refunds will be issued in the same method of payment as it was received.
LIABILITY WAIVER & RELEASE
In consideration of being allowed to register for, and participate in 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit, you hereby warrant and represent that you are age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue NAWLA or its members, employees, board members, agents or volunteers for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind that you may hereafter suffer or sustain before, during or after the event, unless said expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind is caused by the sole, gross negligence of NAWLA. You must be age 21 or older to attend social events where alcohol is served unless a parent is present. This Liability Waiver & Release is specifically binding upon your heirs and assigns and is knowingly given.
On occasion you may be photographed, video-taped, audio-taped, or have screenshots taken in connection with 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit activities. As a participant of 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit, you agree that NAWLA is the sole owner of all rights in and to the resulting photographs, video footage and recordings, for all purposes related to NAWLA's business (both now and in the future). Your name and likeness may be used by NAWLA in advertising and promotional materials. Participants shall receive no compensation or royalties for appearance in any materials.
The dress code at the 2023 NAWLA Leadership Summit is business casual. Participants are required to adhere to this dress code during the event including, but not limited to, live video chat.